Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our highschool year remembers that we are turning 30

Somebody mentioned it today on Facebook, a friend from high school....'does anyone care that we are turning 30 this year!'. We all are stumped that we are turning 30 and some don't feel any different than we did then. It reminds one that it was about 15 years ago when we started high school.

Maybe the one's who have married and have children feel differently than they did then, but I certainly do not.

I remember when it was our sweet sixteens, the entire year at high school seemed to have a huge party to celebrate the big year. After that we have gone on to celebrate many more big birthdays and up and coming is our 30th.

Facebook has brought the same people closer together again, I know what they're all doing, it feels like I'm in high school, university, and grad school all at the same time. I'm not sure how connected I would be or would know so much about some of these friends as I do now. But in a way it reminds one constantly of one's age. I even have several elementary school friends on there not just the one's in Canada, but the one's in Iran from before I moved to Canada, so from grades one to four!

To all the dear friends I have known in my first 29 years, its nice to have them all on record and at hand in some electronic way or another. As well as the numerous other things that have changed in the past three decades, friendships have also evolved to more electronic forms.
Less personal in most cases but much greater reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment