Friday, January 1, 2010

First day of 2010

New year's eve was fun but of course it comes with lots of baggage. Emotions and thoughts of where I am and where I want to be, where the world is and where it needs to be, and what can I do to change things for the better.

I am absolutely desperate to help make a positive difference. To stop the wars and feed the hungry, and at almost thirty I still don't know how. Reader if you have some suggestions do tell me. Its not like I haven't tried, I volunteer in several organisations, I have a sponsor child, and would have many more if I could afford it, I am constantly hoping and trying to get rich so that I can help those less fortunate. But so far I feel as though I have not done anything significant, and I'm right, I haven't. I always thought by 30 I would be very rich and accomplished and would be saving the world and driving my Porsche Carrera.

So there are 53 days left until I turn thirty now. I still feel like I'm a child, I can't believe I'm twenty nine and will be thirty soon. I haven't managed to mentally get past nineteen or twenty. It's not like I've had an uneventful 29 years either. I've lived through an eight year war between Iran and Iraq almost all of my childhood prior to moving to Canada at 10 years of age. Moving to a new country is an ordeal that no one forgets and mine was relatively smooth thanks to my fantastic parents. I have been to two of the best universities in the world, one in Canada and one in the UK. I have traveled extensively seeing our world and learning about it. But now about to turn thirty and I'm not sure if I want to. I feel like in the next 53 days I need to make a point, make a difference, figure something out, I need your ideas here.

Apart from such popular words and concepts as 'Ground Zero', 'Islamists', 'terrorists', 'suicide bombs', 'Guantanamo', 'Axis of Evil' and so on, the past decade has also been incredible from a technological and therefore social perspective. The internet grew exponentially, so did social networking sites like Orkut, Friendster, and then Facebook, Twitter, and so on. Texting became a common and very popular mode of communication. Smart phones became all the rage, and everyone became completely e-human.



No comments:

Post a Comment